Saturday, December 6, 2008

Never Too Late To Start!

As my first official blog, I would like to thank John and Laura Lindqvist for inspiring me to start this blog. I thoroughly enjoyed reading their posts and comments and agree that this is a great medium for sharing with friends and family.

A lot has happened to me and my family in the past year. Some good and some not so good. On the good side, Jen and I are expecting our second child. She is 21 weeks as of today and our new addition is scheduled to arrive on April 18th 2009. Our son Ethan is growing up so fast. At 2 and a half he absorbs things like a sponge. We have to watch every word we say.

Here are some pictures of our beautiful Son and newest one on the way:






We purchased a home in December of last year. We have been remodeling it for some time now and are just about finished with the kitchen. I am learning a great deal about home improvement and construction from my dad.



On a different note, my wife has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymph node system. During the summer she experienced high fevers and was very sick. About three weeks ago we discovered that she has 4 tumors in her abdomen. Her first chemo treatment was last week. The cancer made her so sick that the chemo actually helped relieve her symptoms.

As a family we are closer than ever. A lot of things I thought were important, now seem insignificant. I have come to appreciate my wife, and my family more than ever. Most of my life, I always thought I could overcome anything. I always provided help, and never asked for much. I have now come to realize after this, I can't do it by my self. I am relying on family and friends more that ever. I don't know how I could get through this without you.

4 comments:

The Meyer Family said...

Way to join the bandwagon Jim. Please pass on to Jen that she's in our thoughts & prayers.

Lindqvist Family said...

We are so glad that you guys started a blog! Please tell Jen to stay strong and remember that she has lots of people thinking about her.

Nikki and Bill Weiland said...

We are glad you started the blog too. Your son is adorable, and your house is beautiful. Our thoughts and prayers are also with your family!

Fernando said...

Desde Madrid - Spain- os enviamos nuestro afecto y os deseamos venzáis todas las dificultades sobrevenidas.Contad con nuestras oraciones y nuestro amor.
Fernando Jiménez-Ontiveros Solís
Peque Diego Ayala
(Somos mayores y hemos vencido muchas dificultades y penas con nuestros 5 hijos y 9 nietos).